Monday, October 27, 2008

What's going on in this crazy world we live in???

I know that in the world we live in, good and evil reside. If you follow the Chaos theory, it is said that the world cannot exist, civilization cannot exist without good and evil. It sets the balance. Well, I think the evil side has more weight than it should lately! If you've kept up with the news, there have been so many tragedies this week alone. The mother, brother and nephew of Jennifer Hudson were murdered this week, today they found the little nephew. He was SEVEN years old!!!! Why kill a baby??? I know there are atrocities every day, but it seems like it's becoming more mainstream. No one seems shocked or upset. Then a 26 year old anchorwoman from Arkansas was beaten and robbed in her home, then died 5 days later. A few years ago in Baton Rouge, we had the serial killer Derrick Todd Lee running rampant, killing at least 10 women, one of which was a grandparent of one of my student's. It's insane. I know that we should try to find the good in the world, and I try real hard most days. When cities are still cleaning up from Hurricanes this past summer and even from Katrina 3 years ago, and no one pays notice, what is being done about it?? I wish I could fix the world, but I know that's impossible. I guess we just have to have HOPE.

No comments: