Saturday, October 11, 2008

I love Fall!!

When I was a child, I remember watching the new TV shows and they would show these "ficticious" towns with beautiful foliage. Shades of red, yellow, orange would cover the landscape and the trees looked as if they were glowing. I would dream of living somewhere that I could experience that, but I figured that it was on TV, so there wasn't any real place like that..until I moved to Wisconsin! Fall has got to be, hands down, my favorite season! I don't mind raking the leaves or using the leaf blower on the driveway. For 2 years, we lived in a condo that we really couldn't decorate outside, there just wasn't much to work with. When we were looking for a house, that was one of the things I wanted - a porch or something to be able to decorate for holidays. Well, as you can see below, I've been a busy bee!




We also have a new foster child in our family - her name is Jennifer and she will be staying with us for a while! She is 8 and is in 2nd grade. We have enjoyed having her with us and look forward to her being with us for as long as she needs to!

So, if where you live has beautiful fall foilage, go out and enjoy it! A great activity with kids is to gather different colored leaves and then make leaf rubbings, you can actually color with them!!! It's so much fun! I think we'll do that in the next week and show off our art!

Tell next time, GO TIGERS!!!

1 comment:

Anita said...

Mona, your home is lovely! Fall is gorgeous in our neck of the woods too! Blog more!! ;)