Thursday, October 02, 2008

So Alabama is #2??? For the love of all things good...

So, Nick Saban has done something that hasn't been done in over a decade - he has Alabama ranked higher than LSU. That was such a hard pill to swallow. Yes, Bama beat the pants off of Georgia (with Georgia coming back in the 4th, why couldn't they have played that way throughout the whole blasted game beats me). When the BCS rankings came out Sunday (and we all know that it's the BCS that counts with bowl bids and National Championships) and John told me that Alabama was ranked higher than LSU, well.. the words that came out of my mouth were ugly to say the least! I think I may have gone into shock for a few moments. LSU played a good game last Saturday night, but could Alabama have out played them? I hope to God not! Well, we'll find out later in the season when they meet up. As I always say when it comes to Alabama: "Roll tide roll, down the toilet bowl!", and "My favorite teams are LSU and whoever is playing Alabama!"

In reading my sister in law's post about visiting a cornmaze (http://theillinoismayfamily.blogspot.com/), it dawned on me that I had never been to one! So, Jodi, you have inspired me - John and I are going to go this weekend. There are 3 of them in the area, so we'll see what it's like! I just hope I don't get lost!! I'm the one that when someone is trying to solve a maze puzzle, I start at the end and work my way to the beginning! I can't do that in a corn maze!

Changing the topic, I have to say that having heart surgery at 35 was harder than the last time, when I was 25. Though I know this is the last one (YIPPPEEE!!), it's taking longer to heal this time. I know - the older you get, the longer it takes; but still - I'm sore all the time. I'm going to cardiac rehab, where they make you exercise for 40 minutes (broken down into 20 min. segments) and it has helped tremendously! I've lost 15 lbs, probably healing better than without, getting into better shape, and I'm eating differently. All in all, this has probably been the best thing to happen to me! My surgeon, Dr. Paul Pearson at St. Vincent in Green Bay, told me that with my new valve I could run a marathon if I wanted. Well, that got me thinking.. wow, I can cut loose now! I started making goals: 1. continue exercising (rotating walking/biking) 2. join a dance class - I've always wanted to learn, and a new school opened up (one of John's former students is running it) and she has a beginers adult class for tap and jazz.
3. I want to eventually run in a 5K Race for the Cure, competitvely - not the fun run. My goal is for next September, and I don't plan to win, I just want to be able to do it! So, we'll see!

Until next time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hooray for Mona! So good to hear you are doing well. I have been keeping up thru your Dad.

All things new here, I just had cataract surgery for the new Crystalens. No More Glasses! Megan is doing great (she has a great new B/F), and this one is a keeper. Jordan has been seeing a really nice girl from N.O. My fingers are crossed for both. Jordan is planning to join the Army and go to Officers School.

That is about it. Talk to you soon.
Slick