Saturday, May 09, 2009

Our family has grown, and will be growing again soon!

Well, a few weeks ago, I posted that we had some news.. well, here it is:

The Tuesday after Easter Sunday, we got "THE CALL" - in the world of adoption means we've been matched!!! Our sw (social worker) called me at school and told us that we were a prospective match for a sibling adoption. I get the call at school, in the middle of teaching 7th grade Social Studies (I have a phone in my classroom). They are brother and sister, she is 9 years old and he is 3 years old. So, we begin planning to meet them for the first time. The original plan was to meet them and have some visits, then by June, they would move in with us. Well inbetween the call and our first visit with Charity, we find out that Charity's family can't keep her and she needed somewhere to go. SO, since we are foster parents, we offer to take her and bypass the visits all together. We have 2 visits (the minimum the state allows) and then on April 24, Charity moved in with us. The past 2 weeks have been very busy and interesting. I have learned many, many things - and have been enjoying time with a young lady that I feel was meant to be with us. I can't wait to meet her brother!
If all goes accordingly, Char and her brother Chance will be legally ours in October!

Charity with Jonah
Charity with Kylie (aka "The Devil Cat")

Playing Tug of War!
I can't wait to share more of our growing family!!!!


No comments: